CTL03 - Gas Burette System
An instrument for laboratory qualification of gas evolution rates from chemical processes and decompositions.
- Permits laboratory quantification of gas evolution rates from chemical processes
- Very simple to use
- May be connected to a Mettler RC1 set-up or to any other data acquisition system
- Volumetric measurement does not require composition of gas to be known
- Suitable for a wide range of hazardous gases with inert construction materials
The principle of the apparatus is very simple. Gas generated by a process displaces the fluid in the U-Tube and causes a pressure increase (directly equivalent to the volume of gas evolved). The pressure increase (measured as the head of a column of liquid in the U-Tube) is recorded by a sensitive transducer mounted on the side of the U-tube. Once the pressure reaches a pre-determined limit selected and calibrated by the operator, a solenoid valve opens and relieves the pressure by venting the gases.
The pressure measured by the transducer, and the number times the solenoid valve has activated, are recorded by link-up to a data acquisition system thus enabling the total gas evolved from the process to be calculated.
Functional Specification and Deliverables
- Mains supply: 110 - 240 V a.c
- Accurate data up to approximately 5 cm3.S-1
- Analogue count output and analogue pressure output (1 V or 10 V full scale selectable)
- Compatible with the data acquisition system of a Mettler RC1 system or any other data acquisition system
- Supplied with electronic control unit, mounting back-board, Gas Burette U-Tube, solenoid outlet valve, pressure transducer, silicon oil, glass accessories, miscellaneous tubing and cables,100 ml glass calibration syringe
- 1 x instruction manual
- Supply of Gas Burette complete with hardware and software (including additional glassware) to enable Test A12 Flammability of Solids - contact with water testing to be performed
- Miscellaneous sundries