CTL07 - Portable Explosion Kit
A portable kit demonstrating the hazards that even a small quantity of powder product can pose when dispersed in the form of a dust cloud through an electrostatic spark discharge ignition source.
- Impressive visual and audio demonstration of the hazards presented by dust clouds when subjected to an ignition source
- Allows employers / teachers to simply demonstrate to employees, students and co-workers the dangers that even the smallest quantities of some powders can pose when exposed to, or in the vicinity of, an ignition source
- Compact - all accessories pack neatly away in the same case
- Portable, robust case design facilitates easy transportation
There is no better way than a live demonstration to raise awareness of dust explosion hazards. The Chilworth portable dust explosion demonstration kit gives the audience an insight into the hazards that even the smallest quantity of powder product can pose when dispersed in the form of a dust cloud through an electrostatic spark discharge ignition source. The kit is supplied with all accessories in a compact, ready to use, robust case.
Typically Icing sugar or custard powder may be used for demonstration purposes. However, other products, for example metal powders and photo copier toner, may also be tested (optional glass tube recommended for ease of cleaning in those cases).
Functional Specification & Deliverables
- Powder dispersion unit with acrylic Hartmann tube
- Mains supply: 110 - 120 V / 220 - 240 V a.c – 200 W
- 8.5 kV / 0.25 mA constant arc internal ignition source
- Hand-held control handset for arc activation and air dispersion
- Double action hand pump for pre-charging the internal air reservoir
- Rupture paper disc set
- Air line
- Built in air regulator – typical default setting 4 barg
- Lightweight at just 10 kg and packed into robust case
- 1 x instruction manual
- Glass tube to compliment, as supplied, the standard acrylic tube
- Polycarbonate protective screen
- Spare electrodes
- Spare rupture discs