CTL26 - Floor Glove & Footwear Kit
For testing flooring resistance and personnel glove and footwear resistance.
- Compact kit within a portable hard carry case
- Simple to use
- Optional additional accessories available for a variety of on-site safety assessments including JCI 140 static monitor
Suitable for testing flooring resistance and personnel glove and footwear resistance, the Chilworth Technology Floor, Glove and Footwear Test Kit enables testing to BS5958 guidelines, CENELEC CLC/TR 50404 and IEC 61340-4-5.
Flooring material and associated coatings can contribute to a build-up of electrostatic charge as a result of the motion of people, trolleys, pallet and packaging lifting devices and general furniture; for example workbenches, chairs etc. Abrupt discharge of the static charges can cause discomfort to personnel and, in extreme cases, ignition of process products if the ignition energy of the electrostatic spark discharge is above the minimum ignition energy of the product. It is possible, in such cases for products, when present in the atmosphere in the form of a dust layer or dust cloud, to ignite.
Other areas where electrostatic build-up is of concern is electronic equipment where it is possible for malfunctions to arise due to electrostatic spark discharge. It is clear that, not only is flooring resistance important, but also resistance of personnel, particularly with respect to gloves and footwear as well as garments being worn.
Functional Specification & Deliverables
- Resistance meter – Maximum range > 200 GΩ (UKAS Calibration Certificate supplied)
- Brass hand electrode with pre-fitted 10 KΩ safety resistor installed 25 mm diameter x 160 mm
- 2 x stainless floor electrodes with conductive rubber pads, each 63.5 mm dia x 105 mm = 2.5 Kg
- PTFE backing sheet - 300 mm x 470 mm x 3 mm
- Aluminium floor plate - 300 mm x 470mm x 2.5 mm
- 1GΩ calibration check resistor
- 5 metre earth lead
- Miscellaneous other leads (for resistance meter)
- Instruction manual
- JCI 140 portable static proximity voltmeter (0 - 20 kV Accuracy + / - 2% no drift)
- Humidity meter (with temperature read-out) – typically within RH + / - 5% and temp + / - 0.5 °C
- Additional sets of leads
- Other resistor values for instrument checking available
- Calibration services
- Custom floor electrodes to other standards not listed here
- Additional cut-outs may be incorporated into case supplied (where possible) to cater for additional accessories
The following is available at an additional cost:
- JCI 140 portable static proximity voltmeter (0 - 20 kV Accuracy + / - 2 % no drift)